- A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
- Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
- Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
- It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word).
Security at the Greenville facility was even stricter than at Sussex, with checkpoint after checkpoint, search after search. That was to be expected, Eliza supposed, when someone was visiting a place known as the Death House.
But the building itself was a stark contrast to the grimly named facility, a small jailhouse, with a deputy at a desk and just one cell.
p.341, I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman
Just finished this one up. So-so -- definitely airport fiction. And not topics for the faint-of-heart.
Just finished this one up. So-so -- definitely airport fiction. And not topics for the faint-of-heart.
Ooh, a building known as the "Death House"! Very good snippet! I've found Lippmann to be on-again, off-again. So far I have a 50% ratio going on her books. Loved two and hated two.
ReplyDeleteRe: Your comment on my Whose Body? them snippet--I hope you'll love Lord Peter as much as I do.
Very good one!
ReplyDeleteBev -- did I already tell you that I got Whose Body as an audiobook? Just picked it up today.
ReplyDelete