Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays -- Someone to Kill and Eat

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

* Grab your current read.
* Let the book fall open to a random page.
* Share with us any two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page.
* You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!


In 2003, Armin Meiwes, a 42-year-old computer expert, went online looking for someone to kill and eat.  After several interviews, he chose Bernd Brandes.
~p 25, How Pleasure Works: The New Science of Why We Like What We Like by Paul Bloom

This book was interesting but not rave-worthy for me. 


12 comments:

  1. Wha--? So the title of your book pulled me in. This is non-fiction??? Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, creepy! I remember reading about Meiwes in the newspapers.

    The book sounds interesting, but it might take some joy out of my life to know precisely why I take such pleasure in bacon or books ;)

    My teaser (also nonfiction) is @ Stuff & Nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser, that is why I don't ever meet people online! My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. That's actually quite disgusting.
    Thanks for visiting my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creepy and disturbing. Hard to believe it is non-fiction.

    Thanks for visiting my blogAn Avid Reader’s Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting teaser and rather frightening too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...kinda freaky!! My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The teaser sounds like fiction the the title sounds like non-fiction. Seriously creepy, in a rather compelling way

    ReplyDelete
  9. No thank you! I think I'll skip this book. Thank you for stopping by my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that teaser and title. Frightening thought. Definitely not a book I want to read. :-)

    Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, sounds like I creeped you all out. :) The book is non-fiction -- How Pleasure Works: The New Science of Why We Like What We Like -- and so is the story that the quote is pulled from, creepily enough. But the author is using it as an anecdote -- the whole book isn't like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are a good way to brighten my day! Feel free to leave your name along with your thoughts.